The latest Michigan Department of Health and Human Services regulations have been modified to make it possible for the radio club to begin to have in person meetings starting with the March meeting. There are strict requirements that must be met, but it looks like it is possible, after a year of virtual meetings. The officers of the club have reviewed the requirements and all have agreed to give it a try. The requirements are as follows:
1. No more than 25 people present at indoor meetings--300 people at outdoor meetings.
2. Masks required. (this is because they still haven't figured out if people who have been vaccinated, or actually had the virus, can or cannot still spread it. It is estimated that between 40 and 60 percent of spreaders are asymptomatic.) People who, for medical reasons, cannot wear a mask may attend.
3. Distance between people must not be closer than six feet.
4. A list of people's names and phone numbers in attendance must be collected and retained in case of the need for contact tracing.
5. The Board members shall be legally responsible if the requirements of the law are not met, since we are the ones who called the meeting.
See you at the meeting!
Check out the Meetings page.
had a great, safe, March club meeting with everyone meeting the above safety
requirements. It was really fun seeing all our old friends and meeting
new members. We are looking forward to the April meeting in a safe,
worry free environment!